Unlock the future of
energy for Australia
Squadron Energy is the leading renewable energy investor, operator and developer in Australia. We work with local communities to lead the transition to Australia’s clean energy future. Our team holds a wealth of experience in the renewable energy sector, accumulated through the successful delivery of projects in Australia since 2007.
We are an Australian-owned energy company dedicated to accelerating the decarbonisation of Australia’s economy.
Our portfolio of high impact and complex projects is focussed on renewable energy, transition natural gas, electricity generation and energy infrastructure that will support rapid decarbonisation. Innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
Our team thrives on unique expertise, extensive experience and strong relationships to see projects through their entire lifecycle.
Get in touch if you feel that our vision and values resonate with you.
Why work with us?
Our goal is to improve the environment for current and future generations by leading Australia’s transition to renewable energy. Our people are driven by their passion to make a meaningful difference in the world, to their families and friends, and to themselves.
Though we are united by this common goal, we view the tremendous diversity in our team’s cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds as one of our greatest assets. This sense of camaraderie and cross-disciplinary expertise spurs drive and commitment to the growth of our business.
We are guided by our strong company values and team culture.
Be vulnerable, take risks to trust others.
Courage and Determination
NEGU - we never ever give up.
Go to your leader for advice, not permission.
Be the most positive person in the room.
Support each other, always be kind.
Think of ways we can do things better, faster, cheaper, safer.
Always be on the lookout for breakthroughs.
Do what you say you're going to do.
Look out for your mates and yourself.
Always be uncomfortable with your level of challenge.
Find Your Career (And Your Passion)
Current and future construction opportunities:
If you are interested in working on one of our construction sites, you can register your interest using the Contractors Enquiry Form on any of our project pages. We will forward your details onto the EPC once awarded.
General job enquiries:
If you feel that our vision and values resonate with you and you would like to join our team, please get in touch with our People and Culture team:
Megan Mallon - People and Culture Advisor
Our people work across the following teams:
- Development: development of identified greenfield projects and acquisition opportunities through to financial close; including initial prospecting and screening activities; initial contact and negotiation with local landowners / councils, preliminary site designs; engaging with community, governmental and industry stakeholders at the local, regional, state and federal levels; wind resource and energy assessments; grid connection processes; project layout design and optimisation; preparation of planning applications; alignment with landowner agreements; managing the approval processes; feeding into the procurement activities through to financial close.
- Commercial: an integrated commercial function covering energy markets, capital markets and investment, which maximises value creation for our customers, enables growth through organic and inorganic means and leverages capital markets whilst managing risk and return for Squadron.
- Delivery: constructing in an efficient and effective manner whilst providing a whole of business integrated approach to safety, environmental compliance, procurement and project management systems and governance across the full lifecycle of Squadron assets.
- Operations: Overseeing the long-term operation, maintenance, and optimisation of all of Squadron’s operating assets and infrastructure, to ensure efficiency, reliability and a successful transition to a green energy future.
- Corporate: an integrated Finance and IT function enhancing commercial insight through quality analytics, technology and proactive financial advice to deliver Squadron’s strategic objectives.
- Legal: providing legal, corporate governance and risk and compliance services to assure the governance of the organisation and support the growth of the Squadron Energy group
- People & Culture: providing Squadron Energy a robust framework to attract and retain the best talent for ongoing sustainability and growth expectations. Supported by a dedicated administrative function and a team of communication specialists to ensure aligned messaging promoting Squadron Energy’s values and key milestones.