Funding of over $62,000 has been awarded to eight local organisations under round 2 of the 2023 Sapphire Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund.
Written by Squadron Energy |
Twice a year, Squadron Energy’s Sapphire Wind Farm invites local community organisations to submit applications for a share of funding that can be used on equipment and infrastructure purchases, repairs and renovations, and programs and events.
Inverell Community Support were amongst the applications received and were successful in receiving funding for the purchase of a Trishaw Triobike.
Mrs Sally Walters has thanked Squadron Energy Sapphire Wind Farm for the funding.
“Everyone at Inverell Community Support is very excited about sharing the joy of cycling in the great outdoors with people that are unable to cycle for themselves, thanks to the generous funding awarded to our organisation by the Sapphire Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund.
It is becoming common knowledge that getting out of the house and socialising with others is good for our well-being, however not everyone can do this on their own. The Triobike gives both the pilot and the passengers the opportunity to connect with each other and enjoy the wonderful cycleways we have along the McIntyre River here in Inverell.
We are looking forward to being able to bring the opportunity to go for a cycle to those people that may have had to give up cycling for health or mobility issues, as well as introducing cycling to people that have never cycled before. It is anticipated that the Triobike will be available for use by other community groups such as disabilities service providers, local schools and other aged care services to ensure as many people as possible will get the chance to get out and about and reconnect with nature and make new friends,” Mrs Walters remarked.
“Once again, we thank the Sapphire Wind Farm for supporting this exciting new project for our community.”
The following organisations received funding under Round 2 of 2023:
- Wing Hing Long Museum – First Aid Response for Wing Hing Long Museum – AED Defibrillator and Senior First Aid Course - $4,617.00
- Inverell Senior Touch - Uniforms/Equipment/Laptop - $4,000.00
- Inverell Poultry Club Inc - Renew cage fronts for exhibition Poultry - $5,390.00
- Ashford Showground Trust - Flooring in high traffic areas - $10,000.00
- Inverell Community Support - Trishaw Triobike - $18,104.00
- National Transport Museum – Climate Control – Evaporate Air Conditioning - $10,000.00
- Inverell Junior Rugby Club - Training and Playing Gear - $5,637.50
- Building the Tingha Community Spirit Aboriginal Corporation - music, education and films for the Youth - $4,990.00
Round 1 of the Squadron Energy Sapphire Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund opens on 15 January, 2024.