13 local organisations awarded funds in round 2 of the 2022 Sapphire Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund.
Written by Squadron Energy |
Just under $75,000 has been awarded to 13 local organisations in round 2 of the 2022 Sapphire Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund.
Twice a year, Sapphire Wind Farm invites local community organisations to submit applications for a share of funding that can be used on equipment and infrastructure purchases, repairs and renovations, and programs and events.
Among the organisations awarded funding was the Inverell Basketball Association. Kacey Burt, Treasurer has thanked the Sapphire Wind Farm for the funding.
“Thank you to Sapphire Wind Farm for the generous grant to the Inverell Basketball Association. The Inverell Basketball Association is slowly growing in numbers of kids within Inverell and surrounding towns.”
The grant will allow the Association to purchase new much needed equipment including a new scoreboard, basketballs and nets for the players who range in age from 4 to 16 years.
The following organisations received funding under Round 2 of 2022:
- Sapphire City Concert Band – Shade Tent - $3,813.70
- Homes for the Aged - Bitumen Resealing Works - Access Road - $11,666.00
- Inverell Golf Club Limited - Provision and assembly of golf training nets - $8,938.00
- Delungra CWA of NSW - Purchase of Ride on Lawn Mower - $5,000.00
- Legacy Club of Inverell Inc - External painting of Legacy Units - $6,000.00
- Sewing for Australia Inverell/Tingha - Purchase of embroidery machine - $2999.00
- Nullamanna Reserve Land Manager – Flooring - $4380.00
- Tingha Sport and Recreation Bowling Club - New Cupboard - $3,850.00
- Inverell Hockey Association - Inverell Hockey - Rep Uniforms and Junior Uniforms - $7,560.85
- Inverell Breast Cancer Support Group - Inverell Breast Cancer Support Group Website - $4,950.00
- Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service Limited - Inverell Support Group - Repaint trailer and upgrade equipment - $6,884.00
- Inverell Basketball Association – Equipment - $4,843.25
- Northaven Limited - Increased Community Access and Supported Employment - $3935.00
Round 1 of the Sapphire Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund opens on 16 January, 2023.
Visit our renewable energy news page for the latest updates.