Local organisations and community groups benefit from Squadron Energy’s Murra Warra Wind Farm, with $96,000 of funding.
Written by Squadron Energy |
The Murra Warra Wind Farm Sustainable Community Grants Fund has awarded funding of $96,000 to 13 local organisations.
Squadron Energy’s Head of Asset Management & Optimisation, Joanne Soysa said the annual fund is an ongoing commitment from Murra Warra Wind Farm which gives local groups support to deliver projects for their community.
“We’re thrilled we could support so many organisations this year, that will make a huge difference to many in the local community,” Ms Soysa said.
The Kalkee Recreation Reserve were amongst the 13 successful applicants. Kalkee Recreation Reserve’s Secretary, Debbie Lawson said they would use the $20,000 toward a much-needed electrical upgrade.
“The current power capacity to run lighting at The Kalkee Recreation Reserve is not up to standard. The Rec reserve is home to the Kalkee Football, Netball and Tennis Clubs, and a power upgrade is critical to these entities, who provide physical activity and social connection to over 800 children, adults, volunteers, and community members,” Ms Lawson said.
“We’re extremely grateful to the Murra Warra Wind Farm for being awarded this funding."
Project manager Vernetta Taylor said the Fund’s Community Grants Assessment Committee allocated the full complement of funding to large and small projects.
“The assessment committee believe the funded projects will have immediate and long-lasting benefits for their local communities and the wider region,” Ms Taylor said.
The successful applicants are:
- Kalkee Recreation Reserve - Powering the Kees into the future
- Warracknabeal and District Historical Society - Diversifying Wheatlands Museum: Creating a Family Friendly Outdoor Community and Visitor Precinct and Event Hub
- Horsham Golf Club - Bowls precinct and Driving Range Lighting upgrades
- Dimboola Boat and Ski Club - Saddle up for Better Boating at Picnic Bend
- Murtoa's Big Weekend Committee 2023 - Murtoa Community Stage Project
- Dimboola Agriculture and Pastoral Society Incorporated - Gutter Guard
- Snape Reserve Committee of Management (Trust for Nature) - Farmland Revegetation Program
- Natimuk Golf Club - Water Conservation & Sustainability
- Warracknabeal Community Garden - Warracknabeal Community Garden hut blinds
- Partners In Ag Incorporated - Gather, Grow & Thrive 2023
- Dimboola Art Inc - Tower Park (Dimboola) Interpretative Signage
- Natimuk Bowling Club Inc - Solar Power installation
- Sailors Home Hall - 100th Anniversary Celebrations