Trial runs have commenced transporting Over Size, Over Mass (OSOM) loads from Gladstone Port to the project site.
Written by Squadron Energy |
Clarke Creek Wind Farm Stage 1 is a renewable energy project currently under construction, 50km west of Marlborough QLD. It will see 100 wind turbines producing 450MW of green energy.
Clarke Creek Wind Farm has commenced trial runs transporting Over Size, Over Mass (OSOM) loads from Gladstone Port to the project site.
The oversize loads will travel on Wednesday 26 April 2023 and Sunday 30 April 2023 between 9pm and 7am.
The first trial loads will consist of an approximately 76m-long wind turbine blade and a 100-tonne cylindrical tower component.
Oversize loads travel with a Queensland Police Service escort.
Up to date information about transport movements for residents and visitors can be accessed by:
- signing up for SMS messages by providing your mobile number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- accessing TMR’s latest traffic conditions by phoning 13 19 40 or visiting www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
- multiple electronic signage boards are in use along the route for drivers.
Once the transport trial has been successfully completed and reviewed, the schedule for OSOM movements to Clarke Creek Wind Farm will be confirmed and published on this website, with updates published as needed.
Current approved plans will see transportation completed overnight with police escorts, running up to six nights per week from April/May 2023 for approximately 15 months.
The following routes are affected under current plans:
- Gladstone Port Access Road
- Gladstone–Mt Larcom Road (including Hanson Road)
- Dawson Highway (Gladstone–Calliope)
- Bruce Highway (Calliope–Rockhampton–Marlborough)
- Marlborough–Sarina Road
- various local government roads in the Gladstone area.